Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: double check my work please

1. Back To Top    #1

double check my work please

I started SLAM last week but ran out of reagents. Started back up Friday and I am on fourth day and seem to be at a stand still. I started with very green pool, with lots of leaves and debris in the bottom. I have been checking FC 2-4 times per day, and vacumming/brushing 2 times per day.
    PH 7.2
    CYA 50
    TA 100
    CC 0.5 yesterday, this morning barley turned pink so i am guessing less than 0.5.
    FC ranging from 17-20, ( started shooting for new target today of 24 incase my CYA reading was off, but I got 50 friday and 50 today.)
    I have lost 4-5 FC overnight last two nights.

My guess is I just need to keep running filter, I have been running it 24/7 and cleaning cartridge anytime I notice water flow slowing down, 4-5 a day. image1.jpg

Do you guys see anything else I can be doing.
    Last edited by tvw361; 05-30-2016 at 08:34 AM. Reason: added more
    17000 gallon semi inground pool, hayward super pump VS, Hayward 175 ft cartridge filter, 24 ft of head.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: double check my work please

Keep brushing

And brushing some more. Keep chlorine at target as often as possible. Don't bother with PH test as it will not be correct at such high CL levels........sounds like you've got this.
    18*36*23 true "L" vinyl IG 29,000 gallons. SWG. TF-100 test kit.
    http://tftestkits.net/splash-page.html

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

First of all you should rotate that pool 90 degrees so the water doesn't fall out!

Looks like you are going a good job, OCLT shows there is still more work for the chlorine to do.
    32K gallon Plaster - 1hp Hayward 2 speed Super Pump - Hayward S200 Sand Filter - TF100XL
    Test Kits - Pool Math - Chlorine/CYA/Target/Slam Chart

4. Back To Top    #4

Definitely stay at it. If your CYA was 50, then your SLAM FC is 20 so keep it there. It you tested your CYA on a cloudy day, the black dot may have disappeared early which means your CYA might be slightly higher. In any case, patience & maintaining are key. Following all the instructions on the SLAM page (link below) are critical to your success as well. Hang in there, you'll get it.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks, that is what I was thinking. HAHA, i hurried up and uploaded photo,didnt realize it was sideways.
    17000 gallon semi inground pool, hayward super pump VS, Hayward 175 ft cartridge filter, 24 ft of head.