Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: HELP! Tiger Shark moves and cleans but has no traction to climb.

1. Back To Top    #1

HELP! Tiger Shark moves and cleans but has no traction to climb.

Hi,

I have a Aquavac Tigershark. I just purchased (second hand) it and it moves back and forth and seems to clean, but it will not climb walls or even get out of the deep part. It's as if there is no traction/grip. I read online it could be the belts or a bad motor. How can I tell? Thanks

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: HELP! Tiger Shark moves and cleans but has no traction to climb.

Hi mcu,

If the cleaer is new, I would contact where I got it from and see if they'll swap it out or at minimum get it fixed.

If the filters are dirty, that will definitely reduce the performance of the cleaner.
    If the tracks are turning, the motor is probably ok. I really do not know how to tell if the tracks are worn to the point where it wont work.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: HELP! Tiger Shark moves and cleans but has no traction to climb.

It ended up being my mistake. The QC model will not climb walls in Quick Clean mode. Works great in a Full cycle