Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hard piping new Installation

1. Back To Top    #1

Hard piping new Installation

Hello all,

I'm installing a 15x30 above ground pool and need help/instruction on hard piping. I will be using a hayward cartridge filter, hayward pump and chlorinator. The pump set up will be 10 feet away from the pool, hard wired at the house to a timer. I don't plan on removing equipment, just winterizing by removing water from the system with my shop vac. What would be the correct diagram of piping this combination to the pool? Hers a pic of the equipment and location:

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Hard piping new Installation

skimmer>suction side>filter>return

I did 2 suction side and 2 returns using Jandy 3 way valves, I have close to the same setup (SWG extra) I also added a 3 way to use as a backwash or to lower water

Before paint
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

so you have two skimmers and two returns on your above ground pool? do i need valves also? I'm not sure how these systems operate or are cleaned/maintained. Thanks

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

I have 1 skimmer and 1 suction port for my cleaner and 2 returns

the 2 on the left are the returns and the one with the hose is connected to "the poolcleaner"

Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

5. Back To Top    #5

This is how I originally had my equipment pad set up. I have ball valve unions on the suction and return lines so I can shut off water flow when needed, and a union between the pump and filter to make maintainence easier. I switched to a sand filter a couple of years after these pictures were taken, but the set up is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by zea3 View Post

TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

Cowboycasey, is that 1.5" or 2" hard pipe? my skimmer, return, and pump are 1.5" and my filter and SWG are 2". I'm trying to figure out if I should do 1.5" pipe all the way thru or: from skimmer go to 2", reduce to 1.5 into pump, increase back to 2" into filter all the way up to return which I have to reduce back to 1.5"
    thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Zea, how's the flex pipe working for you? was it easier to work with? is it 1.5"?
    thanks

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

I did all 2 inch pipe and used the 1.5 inch reduce Hi temp unions for skimmer, thru wall, and pump connections... made it easy

Praher UNION, 1-1/2 SLIP, HIGH TEMP (215-906) - INYOPools.com

8. Back To Top    #8

looks great. I have the same steps. did you fill them with sand or is that a weight attached to it?