I didn't see this posted, i am new to this site so if i missed it i apologize. We opened the pool to find a significant tear that required us to have a new liner installed. I want to make sure that we don't do anything to hurt the liner. My question is... will shock stain (or bleach) my liner? I thought it discolored our old liner when we may have added it and it sat at the bottom but that could have been there when we purchased the house. I saw some on this site do not like non-chlorine shock but i thought that would be the safer route. What is the best/safest way to "shock" and how do you apply it? I have always poured it in a bucket first and mixed it with water but i've seen a few people who seemed to know their stuff suggest adding it right into the skimmer basket. Thanks for any help.