Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Warning to those installing stamped concrete deck and safety cover

1. Back To Top    #1

Warning to those installing stamped concrete deck and safety cover

Didn't know this then. But when we had our safety cover installed I should have checked to see if the installers were using a brand new drill bit. Do yourselves a favor and have them show you the bit in the package. I noticed this year when the cover came off that some of the brass pins have a small circular damaged concrete surrounding them. I'm not due for re sealing till next year. I rubbed a candle on these areas and melted with a torch to seal and keep moisture out to reduce further deterioration. Stamped concrete can't be repaired.
    16'x34' Kidney 17000 Gallon IG Vinyl liner. Pentair IntelliXF vs pump, Sta-Rite System 3 DE filter. Liquidator, TF-100 Test kit w/ speed stir. Aqua Comfort heat pump, Dolphin Apollo robot, clear solar cover, stamped concrete deck.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Warning to those installing stamped concrete deck and safety cover

How big is the damaged area? Loop-Loc and Merlin both sell brass collars to cover that exact issue. It serves that purpose 100% on mine. Concrete does have stones in it so it can't always be eliminated even with a new bit. Search brass safety cover collars on Google.
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Definitely will check that out thanks
    16'x34' Kidney 17000 Gallon IG Vinyl liner. Pentair IntelliXF vs pump, Sta-Rite System 3 DE filter. Liquidator, TF-100 Test kit w/ speed stir. Aqua Comfort heat pump, Dolphin Apollo robot, clear solar cover, stamped concrete deck.

4. Back To Top    #4

I probably would have been ticked if a pro drilled mine , but I did it myself with a new bit. Most of my chipping occurred when driving the anchors in. Don't know what the sollution is but expect a certain level of chipping.
    Kris
    14x26 rectangle vinyl liner pool . 1.5 hp 2 speed tri star pump, 2 aqua genie skimmers , no main drain. 175 sq ft star clear cartridge filter. 200,000 btu hayward heater Tf-100