Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Limited space to install swg

1. Back To Top    #1

Limited space to install swg

I am wondering if you guys removed your chlorinator and installed the swg where it is? I do not have a lot of space to put it and was thinking that was an option since the swg would be used while away (only use chlorinator while away)
    36,000 Gallon, 40x20 IG, Vinyl, Hayward S- 200 Sand Filter, 300,000 MasterTemp heater, 1hp Superpump, Polaris 9550 sport, TF100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Limited space to install swg

Can you post a picture of your entire equipment pad. They don't eat that much space. After the filter or heater is the basic location.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

3. Back To Top    #3

Here is pic of everything

here is a pic of where chlorinator is

there is a long line of line here but then i would lose access to serviceable parts in heater

could i install it before the chlorinator without any problems?

what is that fitting that has "flow" on it? A check valve ?
    36,000 Gallon, 40x20 IG, Vinyl, Hayward S- 200 Sand Filter, 300,000 MasterTemp heater, 1hp Superpump, Polaris 9550 sport, TF100 test kit

4. Back To Top    #4

WOW you deserve an award for that pad. I won't say what the award is but you deserve one.

Yes you can replace the tab feeder with the SWG. It will work fine there.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

You have a couple places where there are long enough runs for a SWG cell and flow switch. My first choice would be just eliminate the tablet chlorinator and put it there.
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    16x36 rectangular (19k) Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS 011018, Super II 2hp (spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by chiefwej View Post
    You have a couple places where there are long enough runs for a SWG cell and flow switch. My first choice would be just eliminate the tablet chlorinator and put it there.
    +1 on that suggestion. Or you could use unions in front of that heater panel so you could remove it when you need access.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by gwegan View Post
    WOW you deserve an award for that pad. I won't say what the award is but you deserve one.

Yes you can replace the tab feeder with the SWG. It will work fine there.
    I hear you. They went a little overboard with the plumbing!

im sure it was replumbed since install and they just pieced it together

so leave the check valve and put swg after it where chlorinator is?

8. Back To Top    #8

No need for a check valve there if you remove the puckinator.
    TFP Moderator
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

9. Back To Top    #9

Just wanted to point out that the booster pump should be teed in after the filter .... While you are considering doing some plumbing
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

10. Back To Top    #10

And after the heater and SWG too.
    TFP Moderator

11. Back To Top    #11

I don't think the booster would need to be after the heater and SWG, any reason for that?
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter

12. Back To Top    #12

No, not specifically. I almost posted that as question rather than a comment. Here is my thinking.

1. Mine is that way. it ties into the return line right as it enters the ground. It goes only to the line for the returns after the 3way valve that splits waterfall/returns.
    2. My heater is looking for a specific flow to achieve a 2c rise for max efficiency and turning on the booster would send a lot of water through it.
    3. If you plumb in solar later do you want that extra flow and pressure going through the solar panels?
    TFP Moderator

13. Back To Top    #13

TFP Guide

I can see a slight advantage for using filtered water to supply the booster, but mine was right next to (and shared it's supply with) the main pump, and it was never an issue. I don't see any reason to replumb anything re the booster pump.
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    16x36 rectangular (19k) Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS 011018, Super II 2hp (spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit

14. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by chiefwej View Post
    I can see a slight advantage for using filtered water to supply the booster, but mine was right next to (and shared it's supply with) the main pump, and it was never an issue. I don't see any reason to replumb anything re the booster pump.
    That is all well and good if you have low debris in the pool.
    Jason, TFP Moderator

15. Back To Top    #15

Thanks for input guys. I do not use booster pump as i just got a robot so no need to change that!

16. Back To Top    #16

Problem solved!
    TFP Moderator