May 9, 2016
St Paul, Mn
Hi
i opened a green pool this year. After SLAM was finally able to remove the algae and have a blue pool. Now m vinyl cover has stains which look like algae at the bottom. We use well water in our pool and is high in iron content. I don't know whether these are organic stains, stains from the iron in the water or stain from the one bottle of BANISH copper algaecide I put into the green pool ( that was before I discovered this forum). How do I get to the bottom of these stains and remove them?
Thanks!

I thought it was Vitamin C? Never knew that aspirin is doing the same thing.
That's news to me, too.

I recommend the Vitamin C first. If the stain lifts, it's metals. Then the trichlor puck for five minutes or so. If the stain is organic, it will fade. The trichlor is also acidic, so it will also lift metals, which is why the Vitamin C comes first. The trichlor may give a false positive for organics if it's done first.

The Vitamin C test, very graphicly Yellow Stains

Thanks!

What is a good source of Vit C? Vitamin store ? Any formulation or any particular formulation? (sorry for the newbie questions) . Thank you! Appreciate the help

QUOTE=Richard320;1037845]That's news to me, too.

I recommend the Vitamin C first. If the stain lifts, it's metals. Then the trichlor puck for five minutes or so. If the stain is organic, it will fade. The trichlor is also acidic, so it will also lift metals, which is why the Vitamin C comes first. The trichlor may give a false positive for organics if it's done first.

The Vitamin C test, very graphicly Yellow Stains[/QUOTE]

Just your normal vitamin C pills. I use 1000mg for my pool however I am not sure that even matters. I keep getting little rust looking spots in my new pool and the vitamin C pills remove them in seconds, they do seem to come back though.

Thanks!

What is a good source of Vit C? Vitamin store ? Any formulation or any particular formulation? (sorry for the newbie questions) . Thank you! Appreciate the help

QUOTE=Richard320;1037845]That's news to me, too.

The Vitamin C test, very graphicly Yellow Stains
[/QUOTE]

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.