Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Water flooded back in the pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Water flooded back in the pool

Not sure if this is right sub to post in but any ideas on fixing flooding problems around the pool?

i recently posted about mysterious green pool after fc and levels were perfect. A few days later we got 2" of rain and saw my yard was flooding into the pool

i am currently in the SLAM process but want to know if anyone has any similar issues and how they fixed?

i am thinking maybe a french drain around the edges

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a pic when it is not flooded

36,000 Gallon, 40x20 IG, Vinyl, Hayward S- 200 Sand Filter, 300,000 MasterTemp heater, 1hp Superpump, Polaris 9550 sport, TF100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Water flooded back in the pool

You need to find a lower area around the pool and then figure out a way to divert the water away to the lower area.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Tallahassee, FL

I would call a landscape person to see what they come up with. Like Jason said you have have find an area to direct to the water to BUT you want it to be pretty in keeping with your area and pool.

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Tulsa, ok

Could you put in a French drain to the street or other draining area in the rocked corner area to right the side of the pool? Looks like that is the low spot to me.
    ~15k IG lagoon plaster/gunite pool, PentAir 1HP Challenger Pump, Sand filter. Rheem Heater. 2 Waterfalls with 1 waterfall pump. Main Drain and 1 Skimmer.
    TF-100XL test kit