Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Painting skimmer and autofill lid?

1. Back To Top    #1

Painting skimmer and autofill lid?

Hi ya'll,

With the beating rays of the sun my skimmer and autofiller lids have taken on an ugly yellowish look. Can I spray paint them? If so, any method you guys recommend?

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Painting skimmer and autofill lid?

Dipyourcar.com just get one of the wheel kits unless you want one of the other colors, the trick is very light coat first then 5 coats black, then at least 2 coats of color

Did this yesterday to my tan pentair filter, the hard pipe was done last year and looks the same

first light coat

last coat

and it does water great, this has been in the water for about 6 months and looks the same
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for the reply. Do I have to use the spray paint from that site or will Krylon work just as good?

Are all skimmer lids the same size?

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

sorry, it is not spray paint, it is a rubber spray, chemical resistant, uv safe..

nope, you will have to measure yours
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks!