Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Build in DFW

1. Back To Top    #1

New Build in DFW

Hello Everyone & Thanks KimKats for suggesting that I start this Build Thread

1st I'm proud to say that I am addicted to this site and proud to be an TFP Supporter!!!

Back in October of 2014 we started researching and getting bids on Fiberglass and Gunite pools. We decided to go with a Gunite pool after discussing with previous family and friends who own pools. On May 20th we broke ground on our 15 x 30 rectangular pool. So far we had a delay for a day due to rain. This delay caused the inspection for the Belly Steel/Bon to fail caused the inspector could not verify that the drains were a min of 3ft apart since the ground was too wet. This was no biggy since he came back the next day and it passed. Then on May 26th we received gunite and now its the dreaded wait! We now have to water the gunite twice a day for the next 10 days. The next stage will be electrical, code plumbing, tile and Coping as well as city inspections as applicable.

This has been the most exciting and smooth experience so far. Thank you all who stopped by to see my build and enjoy the pictures. Looking forward to send more updates as we progress.

Here are the renderings we received
    Allen2_001.jpgAllen2_002.jpg
    Here is a pic before the dig!
    IMG_8370.jpg
    Then we came home to this
    IMG_8364.jpgIMG_8366.jpg

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Build in DFW

Very nice! (I'm partial as it is very similar to my fiberglass pool's shape)

And you have a wonderful yard and view for the pool. You'll enjoy lazing out there looking out at the lake.
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

3. Back To Top    #3

Here are more pics.
    IMG_8369.jpg
    Here is the pic of the gunite and please ignore the mud and water in the pool. We're still getting rain here in TX as we speak!
    IMG_8372.jpg

4. Back To Top    #4

Love!! Love the view and that is my favorite pool shape!!
    17K gallon, 18x40, 107 perimeter, 550 sq ft gunite inground pool with raised spa. 3.5 ft. - 5.0 ft. - 4.0 ft depth. Pentair equipment. DE filter. English Walnut travertine paver decking, lueders limestone coping. Wet Edge Primera Stone Sapphire Treasure plaster.

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks YippeeSippy and sham!

6. Back To Top    #6

You did it! LOVE it! So do you want to share your equipment with us so we can point out any thing we would do different?

That is such a neat shape. I can see many fun times and conversations on the those steps and the bench in the deep end!

What color of plaster and kind?

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    You did it! LOVE it! So do you want to share your equipment with us so we can point out any thing we would do different?

That is such a neat shape. I can see many fun times and conversations on the those steps and the bench in the deep end!

What color of plaster and kind?

Kim

We have a long summer of Basketball and Softball ahead of us so the pool will be a nice place for R&R.

As far as the pool equipment this is all I know so far. LA-MS05 Boost Rite Pump, Intelliflo Multispreed Pump, and we're also installing a heater.

For the pool floor we chose Stonescapes mini pebbles in Aqua Blue with 1x2 marbleized royal blue tile. All about the contrast

Did I forget anything?

8. Back To Top    #8

Yup....how are you chlorinating that pretty pool?
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

9. Back To Top    #9

What filter-model, kind, size. That is VERY important info!

Kim

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and what test kit will the PB give you?
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by YippeeSkippy View Post
    Yup....how are you chlorinating that pretty pool?
    Hi YippeeSkippy,

I haven't thought about that. Would love some suggestions.

11. Back To Top    #11

I know, I know!! CHLORINE!!!! Sorry end of the year teacher here LOL

There are a couple of different ways to get chlorine into your pool. I will post some links to show you:

Pool School - How to Chlorinate Your Pool

You can also look at this area to get a idea of the different ways to add chlorine:

Chemical Automation and The Liquidator

Kim

12. Back To Top    #12

Hi Kim,

Here is a picture of the filter.image.jpg

Sorry can't rotate the pic.

13. Back To Top    #13

LOL we have not figured out why some of the pics do this! It is a DE filter.

You can start adding this stuff to your signature. Add to it as you find out more.

Kim

14. Back To Top    #14

LOL we have not figured out why some of the pics do this! It is a DE filter.

You can start adding this stuff to your signature. Add to it as you find out more.

Kim
    Yes, it says Quad DE 80.

Going to do that now

- - - Updated - - -

I know, I know!! CHLORINE!!!! Sorry end of the year teacher here LOL

There are a couple of different ways to get chlorine into your pool. I will post some links to show you:

Pool School - How to Chlorinate Your Pool

You can also look at this area to get a idea of the different ways to add chlorine:

Chemical Automation and The Liquidator

Kim
    Lol...Chlorine it is!!! I'm going to read the links now.

Thanks!

15. Back To Top    #15

WHEN (notice I did not say if) you have questions about what your read let us know. NO question is too small. We have all had them. We would rather answer a question to make sure it is done right than have to help you fix a problem after the fact.

Kim

16. Back To Top    #16

WHEN (notice I did not say if) you have questions about what your read let us know. NO question is too small. We have all had them. We would rather answer a question to make sure it is done right than have to help you fix a problem after the fact.

Kim

Lol... I did notice and Trust I've been making a list since I found this site . I have to admit that it is a bit overwhelming but since I found this community I feel a little at ease. Thanks Kim and everyone for the support and nice welcoming.
    15x30 IG rectangular Gunite 15K Gal,
    Pentair Equip. DE Filter, TFP Supporter,
    Stonescapes mini pebble Finish, TF-100 Test Kit w/Speedstir

17. Back To Top    #17

It's been a while since my last update. Been busy with softball and basketball tournaments with my kids. However, I been around 😊.

Since my last post we had equipment installed.
    image.jpg
    Tile & Coping ✔️ (We changed tile selection to a nice glass mosaic)
    image.jpgimage.jpg
    Decking ✔️
    image.jpg
    I thought I took a picture of decking completed but I didn't. Have to update tomorrow with the pictures. However, we are waiting on the City to approve our permit to raise the iron fence 1'. Iron fence has to be 5' in order for PB to plaster & fill the pool. Permit was submitted on 6-16 and we're still waiting 🙃.

18. Back To Top    #18

on the waiting to do something they are the ones saying you have to do I bet!

I LOVE that tile! So pretty!

Kim

19. Back To Top    #19

Right Kim ��!

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Here are pictures of the decking. We will be stamping the concrete sometime this week.
    image.jpgimage.jpg
    Resurfacing it I should say.