Cyanuric acid

Wonder if anyone can help me with this issue. We have an indoor pool which is covered most of the time. It is not used every day. We have a Nature 2 Cartridge and Chorine Tab Dispenser. The CYA levels were off the charts so I stopped using the Chlorine Tabs. We changed the water but CYA levels became elevated again. The pool guy told me to use Chlor Brite because it does not contain stabilizer but in fact it does. So I switched to Lithium Hyperchorite but CYA levels are still high. So far have only had a couple of issues with algae but seems to be under control.

When we re-built the pool we considered a salt system but were concerned about corrosion of the duct work used in the HV/AC and dehumidification system in the pool room. I've read about Liquid chlorine which seems to be the answer but not really looking forward to adding liquid chlorine all the time. Any ideas??
Thanks
PULIO

Stenner pump with a 15gal tank to inject liquid chlorine (aka, bleach)?

CYA does not increase on it's own. Either your water still has very high concentrations of it or you are using a chemical product that has stabilizer in it.

How are you testing your water?

Wonder if anyone can help me with this issue. We have an indoor pool which is covered most of the time. It is not used every day. We have a Nature 2 Cartridge and Chorine Tab Dispenser. The CYA levels were off the charts so I stopped using the Chlorine Tabs. We changed the water but CYA levels became elevated again. The pool guy told me to use Chlor Brite because it does not contain stabilizer but in fact it does. So I switched to Lithium Hyperchorite but CYA levels are still high. So far have only had a couple of issues with algae but seems to be under control.

When we re-built the pool we considered a salt system but were concerned about corrosion of the duct work used in the HV/AC and dehumidification system in the pool room. I've read about Liquid chlorine which seems to be the answer but not really looking forward to adding liquid chlorine all the time. Any ideas??
Thanks
PULIO

Are you saying that you changed the water, and stopped using the tabs, then switched to Chlor Brite assuming that would not raise CYA? But, you found out later it does, and then switched to the Lithium Hypo? So, your CYA levels are still high from the Chlor Brite, because you did not do another water replacement. Or, are you saying that you think the Lithium Hypo is also raising your CYA.

The stenner pump is a good way to go, but there are cheaper ways of doing that. For under $100, you can get a good tank, small pump, and timer that can do the same thing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.