Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need some help..newbie

1. Back To Top    #1

Need some help..newbie

Hi....I'm really really new to this.

I'm trying to help someone out...this is not my pool.

They have a Intex easy setup pool witch is filling up right now. I have set up all of the stuff they have, and have some questions...this is not a new pool....they bought it used, hardly any instructions. I need to help them out.

I have installed the small filter pump that came with the pool, and the Intex Krystal clear saltwater system...I'm sure I have it right.

So the Intex Krystal clear will run on its own built in timer from 1 -12 hours, but what about the filter pump on a separate plug? I know I can put the filter pump on a timer to run say 6 hours a day.....but how would you run both simultaneously?

If I put the Intex Krystal clear saltwater system on a separate timer also it would kill the power to the unit and have to be reset all the time.

I thought I read, that the Intex Krystal clear saltwater system needs to be run the same time as the filter pump? is that right?

Any help would be great, so I can get this right for the kids.

Thanks

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Need some help..newbie

Hi, welcome to TFP! The pump can run on its own but the saltwater system (swg) must have the pump running to function. It will shut off it if there is no water flow through the unit. The timer on the swg should only cut off power to itself and not affect the pump. As long as you have enough outlets to plug in both units you should be able to coordinate running the swg when the pump is on.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks....for the quick reply

So the SWG dose not have an internal clock and I can set it to run from 1 to 12 hours.

Lets say I turn on the SWG at 9pm and set it to run for 2 hours...that means every night at 9pm to 11pm the swg will run on its schedule? I will then set up a separate stand alone timer for the filter pump to run at the same time or even longer?

Thanks

4. Back To Top    #4

Yes, a little longer is better to be safe.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach