First time poster to TFP

rlvogel322

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 13, 2007
La Crosse, Wisconsin
I've been lurking for two years and figured it was time to start posting.

First a BIG THANK YOU to TFP and it's members! :goodjob:

We had the pool installed in July of 2006 and ended the year great.

I bought the chemicals for 2007 (big $$$) and thought I was set to go with my test strips. 07 summer was great and we had a day of 7's party (pig roast) on 07/07/07 and had up to 19 people in the pool at one time. Water was clear when we started but was cloudy in the deep end the next day. I put some extra bags of "shock" in (pucks in the skimmer) and let the filter run over night. Cleared it up and thought I was good to go. The next couple of weeks the water was OK but it didn't have that sparkle to it.

Being the obsesive compulsive that I am I did some internet searching to figure out why the water was not remaining crystal clear. I came across poolforum and started reading like crazy. I bought my first test kit and started BBB that August. Unreal all the people that thought I was crazy dumping bleach into the pool. Wife included, lol.

I became a member of TFP in 07 and have read a ton of the information here but never posted since I have a TFP :wink: .

Over the next two weeks I will be starting a solar project that I hope people will find intersting and maybe even useful. It won't be the traditional panels on the roof but will instead use the heat inside the garage attic. There is a device out there but it is extremely expensive for what it really is. More on all that in a separate thread.

Once again, Thanks!!

[attachment=0:1lxl2up8]IMG_0030rs.jpg[/attachment:1lxl2up8]

Attachments

• IMG_0030rs.jpg
    IMG_0030rs.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 135
Glad you started posting!

I look forward to hearing about your attic heat source. It is too far from the attic area to the pool for my installation to try it, but I had looked into it. The end of the house close to the pool has vaulted ceilings. I was also interested in the cooling effect it would have on the attic space.