Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: First time poster to TFP

1. Back To Top    #1
    La Crosse, Wisconsin

First time poster to TFP

I've been lurking for two years and figured it was time to start posting.

First a BIG THANK YOU to TFP and it's members!

We had the pool installed in July of 2006 and ended the year great.

I bought the chemicals for 2007 (big $$$) and thought I was set to go with my test strips. 07 summer was great and we had a day of 7's party (pig roast) on 07/07/07 and had up to 19 people in the pool at one time. Water was clear when we started but was cloudy in the deep end the next day. I put some extra bags of "shock" in (pucks in the skimmer) and let the filter run over night. Cleared it up and thought I was good to go. The next couple of weeks the water was OK but it didn't have that sparkle to it.

Being the obsesive compulsive that I am I did some internet searching to figure out why the water was not remaining crystal clear. I came across poolforum and started reading like crazy. I bought my first test kit and started BBB that August. Unreal all the people that thought I was crazy dumping bleach into the pool. Wife included, lol.

I became a member of TFP in 07 and have read a ton of the information here but never posted since I have a TFP .

Over the next two weeks I will be starting a solar project that I hope people will find intersting and maybe even useful. It won't be the traditional panels on the roof but will instead use the heat inside the garage attic. There is a device out there but it is extremely expensive for what it really is. More on all that in a separate thread.

Once again, Thanks!!

Attached Images Attached Images
    20x40 35k IG vinyl liner pool with automatic safety cover
    Pentair Whisperflo 1.5 HP pump - Pentair TA60D sand filter - Pentair MiniMax NT 300 - Liquidator

2. Back To Top    #2
    SWSuburban Chicago, IL

Re: First time poster to TFP

Great to hear from you. We love these kind of stories....always wonder the background of the lurkers who never post.

Your pool is lovely, What a view!

Good luck with your solar project.
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner

3. Back To Top    #3
    SW Indiana

Glad you started posting!

I look forward to hearing about your attic heat source. It is too far from the attic area to the pool for my installation to try it, but I had looked into it. The end of the house close to the pool has vaulted ceilings. I was also interested in the cooling effect it would have on the attic space.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

4. Back To Top    #4
    South Carolina

Welcome to the forum, finally

Your pool and view are beautiful. Glad it is a TFP
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!