Electric Disconnect

May 23, 2016
Brooks, GA
You guys have been awesome with answering all of my questions. Thanks so much. My next question is about an electrical maintenance disconnect. The NEC code states I need one atleast 5 feet from the water but can't be more than 50 feet. Here's my question. The pump and timer both are 120 volt and I going to put it on a 20amp breaker in the disconnect by my house. The only disconnect boxes I have found are 240 volts. How would I go about doing this.

Also, the pool is almost full finally after two mishaps with the hose coming out and us not knowing about it. How full does it need to be?

Thanks in advance for all of your help.

Welcome to TFP :)

How far is the 20 amp breaker from the pool?

The water needs to be 3/4 way up the skimmer

I hope this helps :)

Lets clarify.

Is it 110 plug or hardwired?

If plugged it does not require a disconnect.

The disconnect can't generally be within five feet of of the pool. It must be in the line of sight to the pump.

Look at this one :Siemens 60 Amp Non-Fusible Outdoor AC Disconnect-WN2060 - The Home Depot

There are more -- You might call an electrical supply house.

If you have a sub-panel within sight of the pool AND it requires less than 6 throws to shut it down that can act as a disconnect. "The Rule of 6."

Neighbor watered her yard for 2 hours today she thinks. Needs about an inch of water in their pool, threw in the hose ~ it came out and she was not happy. It did rain a bot this afternoon though so that eased the pain for her a bit.

Must have been in the air... Hoses Revolt!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.