Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Advise on Salt water Generator

1. Back To Top    #1

The Woodlands Texas

Advise on Salt water Generator

I have a zodiac lm 24-2 salt cell that no longer works. Not sure about control panel would only go to minium %output or superchlorinate system. What would you recommend for a new swg, have looked at hayward aquarite t9, and circupool sj20? I have a 15000 gallon pool with diamond brite finish.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Fletcher, OK

Re: Advise on Salt water Generator

Welcome to TFP

I love the circupool, they have worked very well for me and others but the hayward is also a great system... if you have hayward automation equipment stick with them, if not the circupool is great..

We recommend going 2 to 3 times the size of your pool so the SWG will last longer and has to work less, just to give you an idea, I have 13000 gallons and have the RJ 45k (yes, I went big)

So, the SJ 40 or the hayward T15 would be a great choice for you

here is a comparison chart to look over and these guys are really great to buy from

Full Market Comparison of Salt Water Chlorine Generators for Swimming Pools

I hope this helps
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

Long Beach, CA

Re: Advise on Salt water Generator

Welcome to TFP!

Both of those sizes are small and we recommend a 40,000 gallon rating for your size of pool. That would be either the T-15 or SJ-40.

I'm partial to Hayward myself, but others like CircuPool.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process