Jandy Aquapure 1400
Waiting for check list from Romos

I plan to use their recommended pool service guy for the first 2 weeks

that way they cant say I screwed something up

I know at some point Ill need salt
And CYA
Ill get some gallons of bleach

What else ?

I have the test kit. Funny, should just make a robot, answer to every third post is "buy the test kit"

What Im asking is what to expect
The plaster hasnt been done yet
The results today dont mean anything since the water will be drained

I have the test kit. Funny, should just make a robot, answer to every third post is "buy the test kit"

What Im asking is what to expect
We don't know. That's why you see so much about the test kit. It's the only means of real communication you can pass to us. We don't want to guess what you might need....we would rather suggest what you really need.

You can go buy borax for pH up or acid for pH down but you'll have to return one or both when you post test results. You can post a pic and we'll say it looks very nice but that's not very helpful.

I am sorry you do not see that providing us with accurate numbers is about the only way we can have an opinion on your pool. Everything we teach begins and ends with accurate testing.

Please add the test kit you have in your siggy so we know at a glace you have one.

You can and should test your fill water. That will help us get you started BUT it is all really going to depend on what your PB does and adds.

Hopefully he will add the CYA right away.

With it being new plaster you are going to needs LOTS of MA because new plaster=PH going up as it cures.

Kim:cat:

Kim
its in my Sig - has been - ill bold it
thanks for the predictions
thats what i was looking for

Ill test the fill water

Doug, I see it now. I read your siggy a couple of times but I did not see it :( ummmmmmm can I blame old eyes? LOL I sure can see it now! THANKS!

Let us know what your fill water tests at. Do not bother testing for CYA as that has to be added.

Interesting PH results from tap water
see images

guess why they are both accurate tests
IMG_3768.jpgIMG_3767.jpg

No chlorine at all that was detectable
CH was 75
TA 30

Rain has stopped - lets hope next week dries some

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
How did you heat up the hot one and how did you cool down the cold one?

What did your water test at right out of the pool?

SO interesting how the temp changed the PH like that. I bet there is science to explain it! MATT, Oh MATT! This is one for you! (Matt is our science guy)

Interesting that the gas hot water heater somehow is significantly raising the ph

the water wasn't really hot yet just run from the hot tap

Think about this.........the water is sitting in the tank for a little while as it is heated. There is all kinds of stuff in the tank. If you have ever drained your tank you would have seen the "stuff". The action of the water coming into the tank (splashing) and the heating is what caused it I bet.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.