Baby with no swim diaper

Flbeachluvr

Bronze Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Port Orange, FL
We have family in this weekend for our first big pool party. Our nephew brought his one year old daughter but said they didn't have any swim diapers. Eek! I did bump up the chlorine with a little liquid chlorine to take my level to 9 before they got here. I'm sure the baby will end up peeing in the pool :( so what should I expect as far a undoing the damage or should I be fine?

Pee is not as big a deal as poo. A quick trip to the store should remedy the no swim diaper problem. Anything that she could wear that would contain a solid poo would help. If the baby has diarrhea then you should slam the pool and not permit any more swimming. Otherwise bump up the chlorine after swimming.

The amount of urine produced by a 1 year old is minuscule compared to an adult. You'll never know if she did pee in the pool or not.

Since owning a home with a pool, my two youngest have swam with only regular diapers on. They have never pooped in the pool as cold water tends to shut down the bowels. If the child is allowed to play in the water AFTER they've had a dirty diaper change, then it should be fine, no need to go to any extremes.

Swim diapers don't do much; the idea is to mostly-contain solids for a moment until detected, while letting liquids through unimpeded. (Don't put a swim-diapered baby on the couch!) Urine is generally sterile, anyway... I'd worry more about the uncle who hasn't showered in a few days.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.