Well I bought this house in June of 2005 and just did what the pool store said for the rest of that summer. In the winter I read bout BBB etc.., but was too lazy to look into it further. After a much higher then expected pool cost (go figure) the summer of 2006, I was fully ready to implement the BBB. I opened the pool and had it clear with in days and it was going great. I used up some Chlorine tablets I had left and started in on the bleach. I left on a four day trip and came back and the pool was cloudy. I hadn't gotten a test kit yet so I still relied on the pool store and their wonderful Biogaurd software and color strip coumputer test. I have been literally dumping bleach in this pool and nothing has happend, I kept going to the pool store and the test all looked good. My own test kit finally came and I did my own test. I should add that their test had my CYA at 30 and I wanted it a little higher so I added 4lbs or Cynuric Acid. I don't know what their test was doing, even after I added the stuff it showed CYA 30. My first test of my own shows the CYA at 90-100! So I was already high and then made it worse. Curently here are my numbers
PH 7.4-7.5 although this is probally worthless right now with TC so high
So the whole time I am wondering what is wrong cause I didn't think I had mustard algae, well now I know my CYA is so high it is killing me.
My pool is a 30,000 gallon concrete pool. I am going to get some Polyquate or whatever and add that to try and help, but I refuse to spend the money on the amount of bleach it will take to keep my TC where it needs to be with this high of a CYA. I need to at least cut it in half so do I need to drain out half the pool!!!!
Any help would be great!!
At least I wasn't buying pool store chemical and feeding their pockets by just burning up Chlorine