Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Emptied drinking water bottle for pool water sample, could that effect the results?

1. Back To Top    #1

Emptied drinking water bottle for pool water sample, could that effect the results?

Took a sample of water to the pool store, because I am waiting for Amazon to deliver my test kit, in an emptied water bottle...could that effect the test results, particularly the metals section?
    SteveS

16' x 50' - 95K L (25000 gallon) I.G. Vinyl liner 12.5 Liquid Chlorine
    Wicor Pantera P24 Sand Filter Pentair Superflo Variable Speed Pump
    Zodiac 3510WD Robotic Cleaner Raypak R336A Heater. ​Taylor K2006c test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Emptied drinking water bottle for pool water sample, could that effect the result

I rather doubt anything could make pool store test results less reliable...

From my HTC One via Tapatalk
    JD - 28' Round Above Ground Pool, 17,000 Gallons. Dual speed Jacuzzi pump with cartridge filter. Dual speed 1 HP pump, Hayward S210T sand filter
    Pool School - PoolMath - HIGHLY Recommended Test Kits

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Emptied drinking water bottle for pool water sample, could that effect the result

If your bottled drinking water has metals in it, then you need to find a different brand....

The short answer is....no.
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Rinsing the bottle with pool water from 18-24 inches below the surface, then filling it from the same depth will yield best results possible. Be sure to keep the bottle shielded from the sun and not heated above room temperature. Take the sample immediately before departing straight to the testing location. Lastly, if the pool store is more than 15 minutes from your house, the already unreliable pool store testing becomes even less reliable for FC.

Congrats on your new test kit! I'm guessing you ordered the k2006 which is now sold and shipped by Amazon now! If so, please post the soonest expiration date of the chemicals you get because if it is fresh enough I have a friend that needs to order one too. Thank you!
    If I was effective, and your pool makes you smile, please make me smile and CLICK HERE to Become a TFP Supporter!
    Also, please make AmazonSmile donate to TFP by CLICKING HERE, at no cost to you!
    My Florida Pool: 20k IG plaster cart K-2006 | Washington State Pool I help with: 17k AG vinyl sand TF-100

5. Back To Top    #5

My T2006 arrived today from Amazon I just got home from work so can't try it until tomorrow. Can anyone suggest some good videos for me to watch to learn how to use the kit and all of its components.

Also the expiry date on the majority of the chemicals is 04/18, except the DPD powder, and the FAS-DPD Titrating Reagent which is 07/17. So it looks like Amazon is shipping fresh kits, and not last years kits that didn't sell.
    SteveS

16' x 50' - 95K L (25000 gallon) I.G. Vinyl liner 12.5 Liquid Chlorine
    Wicor Pantera P24 Sand Filter Pentair Superflo Variable Speed Pump
    Zodiac 3510WD Robotic Cleaner Raypak R336A Heater. ​Taylor K2006c test kit

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

This one shows FC & CC using FAS-DPD as well as the CYA. Both tests are the same for your k2006 I believe. Bottles may be shaped/colored differently, but the Reagent numbers should be the same. The directions booklet that come with the k2006 is pretty awesome. The blue test kit box also has the bare bones instructions on the inside top lid too. Be warned - the k2006's directions have you use larger water sample sizes than TFP generally suggests for healthy pools since the increased accuracy at increased cost isn't always worth it. You can learn more tips like this from the TFP Extended test kit directions (amazingly awesome page).

Taylor also has an online demo video, but it might leave you wanting a little more. If that is the case, read on at your own risk...

I did not watch this, but here is another video from a non-TFP source on how to use the k2006.

Thank you for posting the dates!!! Very kind of you, and that does sound fresh.
    If I was effective, and your pool makes you smile, please make me smile and CLICK HERE to Become a TFP Supporter!
    Also, please make AmazonSmile donate to TFP by CLICKING HERE, at no cost to you!
    My Florida Pool: 20k IG plaster cart K-2006 | Washington State Pool I help with: 17k AG vinyl sand TF-100