Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: BBB convert with a shelf full of pool store chemicals

1. Back To Top    #1

BBB convert with a shelf full of pool store chemicals

I found this forum and began the BBB method a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, that was AFTER the pool guy opened my pool for me and stocked my shelf with pool store goodies. In particular, I am left with a full bottle of GLB Algae-X and some Clear Blue water clarifier. I realize that when following the BBB guidelines these products are unnecessary. However, because I already paid for them and they have been opened, I'm wondering if using them in conjunction with my liquid chlorine may help 1. use less FC to neutralize algae, and 2. help my filtration system clean out small particles. What do you guys think: use them until they are gone or get rid of them? As a reference, my pool guy advised me to use 4oz of each once weekly. Thanks!
    Walla Walla, WA. 20'x40' rectangle vinyl in-ground ~35,000 gal. Diving board. Dolphin Nautilus Robot. Century USQ1102 1HP w/ 1.25HP Service Factor. Sta-Rite SuperMax pump. Hayward Pro Series high rate sand filter. Jandy LRZ heater. Intermatic T104R timer running 9 hrs/day on 2 cycles. Taylor K2006 test kit w/ Taylor 9265 Speedstir. and a skimmer sock!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: BBB convert with a shelf full of pool store chemicals

I would save the algaecide for closing.
    Pool installed 8/2015. 30' round Radiant pool. 21,000 gallons. 200# sand. Hayward Vari flow XL valve. 1.5hp Hayward Power-Flo Matrix running 10 hours/day in two periods. TF100 with speed stir. Sun all day, south side of house
    Order test kit TF-100 w/ Speed Stir and then Poolmath Calculator --- RECOMMENDED LEVELS --- POOL SCHOOL --- Algae? --- Chlorine/CYA CHART.

3. Back To Top    #3

I would say just hold on to them for now until you get more familiar with the water chemistry and things effect each other.
    Once you get more of a grip on the chemistry, then you may be able to use some of it at some point ifyou need to. It's not that all of the pool store products the products are bad, its just that they are used with bad advice, usually given by a salesman.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

4. Back To Top    #4

I also have some trichlor tabs left with a chlorinator on my return line. When going out of town for a few days do most forum members rely on trichlor tabs to get them through?
    Walla Walla, WA. 20'x40' rectangle vinyl in-ground ~35,000 gal. Diving board. Dolphin Nautilus Robot. Century USQ1102 1HP w/ 1.25HP Service Factor. Sta-Rite SuperMax pump. Hayward Pro Series high rate sand filter. Jandy LRZ heater. Intermatic T104R timer running 9 hrs/day on 2 cycles. Taylor K2006 test kit w/ Taylor 9265 Speedstir. and a skimmer sock!