Loving TFP protocols/ SLAM question for SWG

G-Men

May 29, 2016
Morganville, NJ
Thank you so much for this fantastic web site and all who post here. Your information has been invaluable. I recently converted to SWG and was having difficulty reducing my CC and raising FC. I finally went to three different pool stores one after the other and realized that they were all providing different test numbers for my pool water. This was after numerous tries and"superchlorinatiopn" with different brands of pool store shocks, super pool treats, oxidizers (very expensive) They also sold me phosphate removers, etc. Luckily I found this site, learned about the proper testing kits, quickly bought a 6 way HTh and am awaiting my Taylor 2006 by mail. I used PoolMath site and bought enough %8.25 bleach to Slam my pool and quickly my pool water seemed to be in Nirvana. MyCC dropped to .36 and the water is as clear as I have ever seen it. My question is before having a SWG I used to "shock" (with pool store wasteful material") weekly and after heavy use. Should I routinely SLAM my pool on a regular basis or just when there is a problem? Sorry such a long post for a quick question. Thanks again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.