High Pressure on Filter, Pump losing water

Welcome to TFP :)

Could you please fill out your signature, it will help us with recommendations :) Trouble Free Pool

How does your water look? what pressure are you at after just cleaned filter and then 6 hours later?

if you are getting air in your pump, how high is the water on the skimmer, is there a vortex (water looks like a tornado) in the skimmer?

let us know :)

hmm, 1 thing is your DE filter, they are very good at filtering and that is their downfall.. does the water level return to normal after cleaning your filter? that may be the reason..

The only other thing I can think of is a suction side leak, can you take a hose and soak any joints in your above ground plumbing and see if the air goes away, if it does that is where your air is getting in

Pool School - Suction Side Air Leaks

I hope this helps :)

Good news is that I redid the suction side and removed the bubbles and loss of water in pump. Bad news is the pressure continues to rise, although not as much as before. Filter has been cleaned twice. After cleaning pressure is 19 but rises to about 25 after a few hours.

Good news is that I redid the suction side and removed the bubbles and loss of water in pump. Bad news is the pressure continues to rise, although not as much as before. Filter has been cleaned twice. After cleaning pressure is 19 but rises to about 25 after a few hours.
If the pool is green or cloudy, what you're describing is expected and normal. DE filters work really good. Almost too good when clearing a swamp. Hourly cleanings would not be unheard-of in that case. Resist the temptation to run the filter without DE. You'll wreck the screens.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.