Switching to a SWG, are there pros and cons?

rnaval

Aug 13, 2015
Melville, NY
Are there any write ups on the pros and cons of switching to a SWG? I'm told the biggest advantage is that I don't have to constantly maintain the pool chlorine level. It's for our summer home which will save me the hassle of making weekly trips to the house in order to maintain the pool chemistry.

There are loads of threads on this site discussing just that if you search.

If for a pool you aren't around every day as you mentioned, the only concern I'll mention is getting stable TA and PH. Many people have constant PH rise with a SWG. I personally do not. Once I get my TA in the 60-80 range at the beginning of summer swim season, I almost never need to adjust my PH with acid.

So far so good for me.I love it.I test my water on Sundays.PH stays 7.5 Alk has been 80.Did drop to 70 this morning.Biggest thing my Chlorine level stays consistent at 7.5 Biggest breaker for me was the cost for sure.I finally bought one first of the year because it was a steal.Should have bought two for the price

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

I've never seen a thread asking how to program a bleach jug, nor asking what this light or this code means on a bleach jug.

All the SWG eliminates is buying, carrying, and pouring bleach jugs. Everything else is the same with a SWG pool. Regular testing, pH adjustments, brushing, vacuuming, all the same. It's not set-it-and-forget-it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.