Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Fluid film

1. Back To Top    #1

Fluid film

Hi😃

Has as anyone used fluid film on an ultra frame pool? We use a swg & have some rust. Curious about the process & effectiveness. Any advise on the process as well...
    Heather Vondra
    14x42 Intex Ultra Frame, above ground, Intex filtration, Krystal Clear Sand Filter 2800 GPH & Saltwater System CG-28667

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Fluid film

Welcome to TFP!

I have never heard of fluid film. What is it supposed to do?
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

It is a rust inhibitor. I had seen it mentioned a few times & was curious if anyone had used it.
    Heather Vondra
    14x42 Intex Ultra Frame, above ground, Intex filtration, Krystal Clear Sand Filter 2800 GPH & Saltwater System CG-28667

4. Back To Top    #4

i have used fluid film for the last 5 years on my snowplowing equipment and there is nothing better than it in preventing rust and repelling water.
    Dough Boy 12' x 24' Oval
    Wedding Cake Steps
    1500 SF Timber Tech Composite Decking

Video of my pool and retaining wall....Above Ground Pool Ideas - YouTube

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysnok View Post
    i have used fluid film for the last 5 years on my snowplowing equipment and there is nothing better than it in preventing rust and repelling water.
    Do you think if I sprayed all the joints it would work? Would you recommend spraying before assembly and after?

thanks!
    Heather Vondra

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Vondra1 View Post
    Do you think if I sprayed all the joints it would work? Would you recommend spraying before assembly and after?

thanks!
    I've sprayed my 9x18 Ultraframe (2016 model) with Fluid Film. My pool is too new to comment on rust and I don't have a salt water system hooked up yet. I can tell you from a practical point of view the fluid film is messy (gooey) and will easily wipe off. Where I expect it to help is applying Fluid Film inside the pipe especially near openings. The powder coating from Intex doesn't extend into the pipes.

I debated over Rustoleum spray paint and Fluid Film, if I were to go back I would use Rustoleum so you get a paint that sticks to the metal and won't wipe off. The corner pieces are designed to move in response to waves in the pool, so anything you use will eventually wear off.

I'll have to wait to see how much Fluid Film helps... I coated every piece of metal (inside and out). The outside is pretty much a waste, other than helping the pipes slide into the vinyl.

7. Back To Top    #7

We used the fluid film and so far I am very happy with the results. The pieces fit together better and so far no rust. Hoping this pool lasts longer than the last one:0)
    Heather Vondra