Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Plaster or rocks??

1. Back To Top    #1

Arnold md.

Plaster or rocks??

Anybody know what this is? Found this in my pump clean out after vacuuming pool. Pool is only a year old Image1464528524.345418.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vinny B
    New Pool Owner Nov 2015
    20x40 mineral set up

2. Back To Top    #2
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: Plaster or rocks??

Looks like chunks of plaster from a slob getting some into open pipes during construction. You're very lucky they came loose and came through without clogging a pipe somewhere underground. If any of your returns look weak, you know what to look for now. People are always finding bits of stray plaster behind the eyeballs.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Katy, TX

Re: Plaster or rocks??

I built 2 pools by 2 different pool builders in the last 5 years. In the neighborhood of 1 year in, I found similar things in my filter baskets. I never could find out where they came from, especially in my current pool where the plaster is blue and the "rocks" were white.
    23' x 37' IG 18.5k gallon SWG w/ raised spa, Build Thread -->Here
    Wet Edge® Pearl Matrix®, Hayward® SwimClear™ 525 ft², Hayward® Goldline Controls® PS-8
    4x Hayward® TriStar™ pumps, Paramount PCC2000® ICS, TF-100 w/Speedstir