Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Vinyl lining

1. Back To Top    #1

Vinyl lining

I help out at a dog rescue centre here in Cyprus, they have a 10 x 5 metre vinyl lined pool. The lining is bubbling but they do not have the money spare to renew the lining. You can peel the bubbled lining off and underneath it seems fine. Does anyone know of a way of removing this top layer of the lining or if there is a way to seal it.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Vinyl lining

If the vinyl is bubbling and peeling it really should be replaced, then I have never seen a liner do what you are saying, could you post a picture for us?
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for your reply but changing the liner at this present time is just not possible.

4. Back To Top    #4

Could you please post a picture. Vinyl liner do not peel. They are not layers of vinyl. I have an idea on what you are seeing but need to see a picture.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

I will get some photos tomorrow and post them up.

6. Back To Top    #6

I am going to guess that the liner either has a clear uv film that is pealing or that the printed pattern itself is pealing off of the vinyl. Probably no way to just remove it more than just pealing what loose or cutting it off to ensure its not ingested by a animal.
    40,000 Gallon Swimco vinyl liner inground pool, Hayward Perflex EC75, 3/4 hp pump, Jandy LRZ325EN gas heater

7. Back To Top    #7

Unfortunately the pool had been filled before I could take any photos. Realdeal008 I think you are spot on with what you describe. All the loose material was either jetted or cut off, thanks for all the replies.
    10300 Gallon vinyl pool, 0.75 Kripsol pump, glass filter, Pool Exact EZ photometer tester.
    9500 Gallon vinyl pool, 0.75 Kripsol pump, glass filter, Pool Exact EZ photometer tester.

8. Back To Top    #8

Glad it worked out.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

9. Back To Top    #9

Thank you, think this site is fantastic...
    10300 Gallon vinyl pool, 0.75 Kripsol pump, glass filter, Pool Exact EZ photometer tester.
    9500 Gallon vinyl pool, 0.75 Kripsol pump, glass filter, Pool Exact EZ photometer tester.