pool is cloudy

rindy

May 12, 2009
I think I have finally found the answer to my cloudy greenish water. My chemicals all looked good but continued to have greenish cloudy water - couldn't see the bottom! Went to Leslie's (have found that by going to different stores you get more/different answers) and got some Fiber Clear sand filter media and put in according to directions, but I backwashed the filter first. They told me to turn off my pool sweep for awhile because that just keeps stirring everything up. Also put my equilizer back in the skimmer. Closed the flap halfway so that more water will be pumped from my bottom drain rather than the skimmer and voila! I am starting to see the bottom again for the first time in a few weeks. I think that a combination of dead algae and lots of live oak pollen is what is causing my problem. I thought it was supposed to be good to keep the water all stirred up, but this has definitely helped by turning off the pool sweep and adjusting the drains. Hope someone else is helped by this also!

Cloudy water is one sign of an algae bloom getting started or in your case already established in the pool. I might suggest shocking the pool to see if that also helps.

Posting a set of test result would be a good idea for us to see as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.