Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Tons of footprints in new pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Tons of footprints in new pool

Had a vinyl pool built this spring. The sides are concrete, the bottom is sand. The builders were, overall, not so reliable. We finally got the chance to use it today for the first time, and my 10 year old niece spent about an hour frolicking in it. The floor has a lot of give under it.

Turned the lights on tonight and the floor looks like a moonscape. Not just a little dent here or there, but dozens and dozens of dents and footprints. This is my first pool, but I've never seen this before.

Does this look at all normal?

Thanks,
    Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Tons of footprints in new pool

Welcome to TFP Mike

I have not heard of an inground vinyl with a sand bottom, most are done with vermiculite (a type of concrete)

What you are seeing happens all the time in an above ground pool with a sand bottom..

Are you sure they just used sand?
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

I'd like to first off welcome you to TFP!

Looking back at all the inground vinyl pools I cannot picture a single pool that didn't look like the moon when the lights were turned on. What you are describing is very common. It won't however harm anything besides the looks of the pool.

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks to both of you for the replies. I'm new to pools and the forum, so not always sure what to expect. If it doesn't put stress on the liner, I won't worry.

5. Back To Top    #5

My installer sent a LONG time and tried SO hard to get the floor flawless. It looked awesome in the day light. Once night came and the light was on LOL not so much. Nature of the beast and does not affect anything. Those little dips will catch dirt and stuff in the just so you know.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit