First test results with TF100

eublet

Gold Supporter
May 24, 2016
Mobile, AL
My first TF100 kit arrived a couple days ago, and I managed to get some test results this evening. I've been adding a gallon of bleach (8.5%) for almost a week, except for the last two days I've been adding a gallon of 10% I picked up at Walmart. There are a few light green spots on the pool, so I know a proper SLAM is in order, but here it goes.

TC 4.5
PH 8
FC 4
CC .5 (it turned clear with 1 drop, so I went about the test. About 90 seconds later I noticed it had turned pink again. Not sure if that means anything)
CH 875
TA 100
CYA 20 or higher (was close to filling the tube and could barely make out the black dot)

My water is never really clear, which may be due to the CH being so high.

What do you guys think I should do next? For now I'm just in the holding pattern by adding bleach nightly.

CH can cloud the water at high pH. What is the CH of your fill water? Will a drain/refill reduce it?

No need in dumping a lot of stuff in the water to fix everything else if you have to Darin water to get the CH in line.

Right now you need Muratic acid to get the pH down around 7.2

Don't worry about the chlorine sample turning pink again, it always will if left to sit after the test.

I am going to retest everything this weekend and also test my city water supply. Still, the pool looks really good now. I added acid and got the PH where it needs to be. Simply added the bleach everyday is doing wonders on its own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I retested and everything looks okay. CYA is still low, less than 20. I had the tube full before I could not distinguish the dot. I have a big tub of 3" Trichlor tabs from Home Depot. Are those safe to use to get my CYA up, or should I just go buy some stabilizer from the pool store?

What alarms me is the CH. In this test I got 1225. Very different from last week, so I have to feel that I'm going at it too fast and not giving the reagents time to work. Is this common with the CH test?

Full numbers:
PH 7.7
FC 3
CC 0.5
CH 1225
TA 90
CYA <20

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.