Purhcased TF-100, and here's my results (Please help)

femin

May 25, 2016
Brooklyn, NY
New home purchased came with in ground pool and learning everything from here about a week ago. I just opened the pool today and put 3.8lb of D.E in the skimmer after backwashing.

10,000 Gallons Vinyl Liner

FC = 1
CC = 1.5
PH = 7.8
CH = 50

I was not able to get any results for TA and CYA

TA = I tested 3 times, 2 drops of 007, 5 drops of 008, and over 30 drops of 009 still didn't change color, why is that?

CYA = tested 4 times, the tube was clear and I could see the black dot even the whole tube was filled with water.

All test were done with the TF-100 & Speed stir that was recommended here

At this point, what chemicals should I add to the pool?

New home purchased came with in ground pool and learning everything from here about a week ago. I just opened the pool today and put 3.8lb of D.E in the skimmer after backwashing.

10,000 Gallons Vinyl Liner

FC = 1
CC = 1.5
PH = 7.8
CH = 50

I was not able to get any results for TA and CYA

TA = I tested 3 times, 2 drops of 007, 5 drops of 008, and over 30 drops of 009 still didn't change color, why is that?

CYA = tested 4 times, the tube was clear and I could see the black dot even the whole tube was filled with water.

All test were done with the TF-100 & Speed stir that was recommended here

At this point, what chemicals should I add to the pool?
Wish I had your CYA problem! Let the experts reply but I suggest lots of bleach/liquid chlorine to start with.

You need to get your CYA up otherwise you will continue to loose all your FC. CYA = Cyanuric Acid can be bought in powder or liquid. Sometimes it is sold as pool conditioner.
I finally got my CYA to 30 and now am adding about 1/3 gal of bleach a day and the pool is balanced,, using the TF-100 and pool math,, and help from the experts on this board.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.