Variable speed pump and pool timer

Sk8Surfr

May 28, 2016
South Florida
First post... I installed a Hayward Salt System today. The intermatic pool timer was beat and part of it snapped while I was pulling the wires. It's a 220 volt.

I have been thinking of getting a variable speed pump. My little 1hp for my 13,000 gallon pool has a hard time moving the vacuum while the skimmer is on.

Anyways, before I spend $60 on a new pool timer - do the hayward variable timers get wired with constant power? Or do I still run/power it from the pool timer?

Thanks in advance!

That is correct, the SWG should not be powered up when the pump is not running, they can explode from gas build up.

I check the times from time to time to make sure they are synced up. Then I always set the SWG to come on 20 or 30 minutes after the pump starts and the SWG always turns off well before the pump shuts off because I run my pump a lot more than my SWG. Pump is running sun up to sunset right now for solar heat. SWG runs 7 or 8 hours.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.