Can any of you fine folk who recommended I purchase an Echo srm 225 help me?

zea3

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2009
Houston, Texas
I purchased this weed wacker last year, along with the rapid load head based on recommendations from the fine members of TFP. This year I am tiring to install the rapid load head and I am having a tough time figuring out which of the many "universal adapters" I need, since none of them seem to fit. If you have installed the rapid feed head on the Echo srm 225 which parts from the kits did you use?

I found Rapid Load Head installation instructions today. Could not see it on my phone yesterday. I was having trouble getting the nut to thread on the bolt. I know they are left handed threads but the nut only wanted to do about half a turn by hand and I don't want to mess up the threads by forcing it.

And its a good thing I did not force it! I had the wrong nut! I found one other bag of parts and it had the correct pieces in it. Once I had all the correct parts it was very easy to install and it works great! Pat, if you decide to get one the Rapid load installation link in the quote has good pictures and instructions.

You are welcome! Nothing makes me crazier than having to stop and reload every 5 minutes. I could never master the bump feed and it ended up eating line instead of letting it out. I have a corner lot with a lot of curbs and sidewalks to edge and the concrete eats up line like nobodies business!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.