Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What the ????

1. Back To Top    #1

What the ????

We've had some crazy flooding, so I did not think anything about the water that wasn't draining near the pool. But when it didn't go away – I started noticing that my water is dropping about an inch a day.

I say not just one hole… But three!

And my other homes, I stayed there up to eight years and never had to replace the liner, so this is a little foreign to me. I believe this liner to be maybe four or five years old at most.

Is it just the chemicals breaking this thing down overtime? You can see that the liner is starting to show some discoloration.

I just cleaned this pool up from a blackswamp too!

Intex 22' x 52" - Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump - flow rate: 2,150 gal per hour
    TFTest Kits TF-100
    Waiting to stop relocating until I build my dream pool!

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: What the ????

coming from a black swamp it may have done a number on it... you should be able to patch it.. not really sure exactly how long a liner will last, some more some less...

Amazon.com: Tear-Aid Repair Type B Vinyl Kit: Sports Outdoors
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

You can patch those easy! As for why it happened............it almost looks like something poked it.

Just be glad you found them. Mine was tiny and had to hire someone to fine it for me

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

I've had great success patching a small leak in my intex...I wanna say i bought a kit from walmart for a few bucks. It was something similar to this Jed Pool Tools Inc 35-244 Pool Repair Kit - Walmart.com
    Intex 16'x48" Ultra Frame
    Intex 2,650-Gallon Sand Filter Pump
    Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater Filtration System
    Taylor K-2006

5. Back To Top    #5

I got lazy and let this Intex cleaner run for 12 hours each day. Don't you think it was those big wheels rolling over those rocks cause those holes to finally purge through?

Intex 22' x 52" - Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump - flow rate: 2,150 gal per hour
    TFTest Kits TF-100

6. Back To Top    #6

I've had this stuff for ten years in three moves! Got my fingers crossed!

TFTest Kits TF-100

7. Back To Top    #7

If you have rocks under the pool then that is what happened

Good Luck!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

8. Back To Top    #8

[QUOTE=cowboycasey;1036357]coming from a black swamp it may have done a number on it... you should be able to patch it.. not really sure exactly how long a liner will last, some more some less...

[url="http://www.amazon.com/Tear-Aid-Repair-Type-Vinyl-Kit/dp/B001DZDCNS"]Amazon.com: Tear-Aid Repair Type B Vinyl Kit: Sports Outdoors

It doesn't look like you can apply that underwater.
    TFTest Kits TF-100

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    If you have rocks under the pool then that is what happened

Good Luck!

Kim
    You think it's that cleaner that finally caused those holes to come through?
    TFTest Kits TF-100

10. Back To Top    #10

TFP Guide

[QUOTE=cfclay;1036734]
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboycasey View Post
    coming from a black swamp it may have done a number on it... you should be able to patch it.. not really sure exactly how long a liner will last, some more some less...

[url="http://www.amazon.com/Tear-Aid-Repair-Type-Vinyl-Kit/dp/B001DZDCNS"]Amazon.com: Tear-Aid Repair Type B Vinyl Kit: Sports Outdoors

It doesn't look like you can apply that underwater.
    I just looked again and you're right, That was the one for inflatable, sorry about that.. I just did a search for vinyl repair

here are the correct pool one's

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...sporting%2C175
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by cfclay View Post
    You think it's that cleaner that finally caused those holes to come through?
    I really do not know but I do THINK it might have or feet walking on it or a vacuum head or time........no way to really know.

Kim