Husband vs SWG

Apr 18, 2015
Alabama
Slammed pool all week and waiting for my FC to drift down. Slow go. It's 19-20 right now. DH thinks the SWG should be left on at a low 5 % so it will be producing when it needs to. I say off until I get closer to my numbers. Running pump 8'hrs. He doesn't subscribe to TFP, so it's been a battle. SWG is sized for 40,000 gal. Anyone want to tell me I'm right? Thanks in advance. :D

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Lol! I hauled my own bleach bottles, no cartons! Btw all 4 of them are sitting unopened in the laundry room. Might give in and turn the SWG on very low tomorrow. Spit a little chlorine in to the ocean as previously posted! Still at 17.

:cheers: Cheers to you, Diane, from another TFP wife with a non-subscribing DH. :eyeroll: It gets old, constantly having to come to the forum to look up whatever stats or info it is we're discussing at the moment, to prove I actually *am* right. "Honey... don't worry about the pool... I'll take care of the whole thing for you so you can just enjoy it" only worked for a summer or so.... one little hiccup or issue, and he starts buzzing around. Shoo fly! I got this! LOL

Stay strong, sister girl!! :-D

Cathy

LOL My husband's only job is to brush the sides of the pool. The one time he thought it did not need done for a while was quite an eye opener for him. I was in the pool and noticed a slight green color on the sides. Brushed it with my hand and poof, a green cloud. hummmm I called him over and asked when was the last time he brushed the pool. "I'm not sure. It looked good to me so it has been a while." I brushed my hand on another spot and he got to see the green cloud. He did not say a word. Just jumped in (fulled clothed LOL) and brushed the side! It has not been a problem since!

GIRL POWER to the max!

Kim:cat:

Thanks for the support girls (and guys). It's an uphill battle. Fortunately he's over it. We were unfortunately told how much easier a SW pool was. Just throw a bag of salt in once in awhile. And that worked until the mystery algae showed up this spring. Oh well, I hope I finally got it and I'm allowed to say the word "pool" again. :blah:

Thanks for the support girls (and guys). It's an uphill battle. Fortunately he's over it. We were unfortunately told how much easier a SW pool was. Just throw a bag of salt in once in awhile. And that worked until the mystery algae showed up this spring. Oh well, I hope I finally got it and I'm allowed to say the word "pool" again. :blah:

Someone gave you some incorrect information.

An SWG IS easier than a normal pool. But it has nothing to do with throwing salt in. You don't need to add salt hardly ever. The key is knowing how to maintain your pool properly, which we can teach here.

Love this thread. ;) I also do all the pool maintenance other than the brushing. If my husband asks what I'm doing or why I just tell him that I've got it and if I have a question I'll ask on "my" pool forum. Other than him thinking I spend way too much on the pool he pretty much lets me do my thing and he just enjoys our sparkling water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.