Pool heater for above ground pool. What kind? How good is it?

May 15, 2015
Atlanta-GA-
Hi

I have a modest 3200 GA above ground pool, that's enough for us here in Atlanta. Water is becoming fine right now but I would have wished to be able to go in earlier in the month.
I did a quick search and was overwhelmed, pool heaters go from $200 to thousands. What would you recommend? Solar or electric?
It would be nice to go in a couple weeks before the water starts being fine on its own and a couple weeks at the end of the season after it becomes too cold.

Thanks a lot

Pat

Excellent, the next thing to get is some solar heat if you have a good spot with plenty of sun. A south or west facing roof or an area in the back yard. Our 5 solar panels make a big difference, especially with heat recovery after some rain or if it is chilly at night. Our pool went from 78 or 79 yesterday morning to 84 early afternoon.

If no place for solar a small heat pump would also work. The Hayward HP50HA is about 1500 bucks and needs a 220v 20a electric service.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.