Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Number Check

1. Back To Top    #1

Number Check

Hi all, can you take a peek at my numbers and let me know if you think anything needs tweaking? I think it looks pretty good overall, but wonder if I should up my CH a bit? I'm keeping my FC down as I am expecting my special order for Jack's Magic Stain ID kit to arrive any day and will be putting it into motion once received (stains on vinyl liner).

FC: 2
    CC: Less than 0.5
    CH: 225
    TA: 80
    CYA: 50
    PH: 7.5

I "think" I'm getting the hang of this... You guys really are the greatest!
    16K IG Vinyl, Hayward Pro Series Pump, Sand Filter, Turbo Cell TCell 15, HaywardSuper Pump and 2 more pumps for for Slide, Waterfall, Powerfall, Hayward TigerShark cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Number Check

Definitely increase FC right away. CYA for that matter. CYA should be 70 for your SWG pool, and FC needs to be in the 5 target zone - never below 3. CH is fine. Just focus on CYA and FC based on the Chlorine/CYA Chart and you'll do fine. Enjoy your weekend.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Your vinyl pool liner doesn't care about low CH, so neither should you. No need to buy any Calcium Increaser. Look at the money you just saved!

And yeah, bump the CYA and FC a little like he said
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

Ok thanks! So is it safe to say that I can return the large bag of calcium chloride that I just bought? No need to ever change the CH level or test for it?

And it's ok to use the Jacks Magic Stain I'd kit with regular FC levels?

5. Back To Top    #5

Yes, no need for the calcium chloride. As for the stain ID, I don't recall the manufacture instructions, but it's best to maintain your pool algae-free for the moment. If you get algae before the kit arrives, you have to SLAM anyways (very high FC). So maintain the FC at your target, then just when it's needed, allow the FC to drop just enough for the ID kit to work as designed.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!