Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: No Power at Pump

1. Back To Top    #1

No Power at Pump

I have a Pentair Intelliflo pump. Installed it last year with absolute no problems. Just tried to start it up and the pump will not turn on. There is power at the pump connections but the green power light is not on an I can not get anything in the display. When I initially turn it on, a Power Out Failure warning briefly displayed. Nothing is displayed now. HELP !!

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: No Power at Pump

Welcome to TFP

Is there any surge protective device for your pump, the number one problem with VS pumps is a voltage spike, brown out, lightning, also some have seen water/moisture get into the controls

Intermatic PS3000 Pool and Spa Surge Protective Device - - Amazon.com

this one is about the best out now
    Amazon.com: Eaton 109420 Ultra Surge Protection 3Rd Edition: Electronics

It sounds like the control box is bad and will need to be replaced
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

I would try turning off power at the circuit breaker, and let it sit for 15 minutes then turn it back on and see what happens. If you still have the problem, I would suggest to contact Pentair.

Quote Originally Posted by mchariko View Post
    I have a Pentair Intelliflo pump. Installed it last year with absolute no problems. Just tried to start it up and the pump will not turn on. There is power at the pump connections but the green power light is not on an I can not get anything in the display. When I initially turn it on, a Power Out Failure warning briefly displayed. Nothing is displayed now. HELP !!
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

4. Back To Top    #4

No surge protector installed. NO moisture observed in the controls. Do you know of a way to bypass the controls to test the pump? Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -