Reentey into pool after polyquat 60 addition?

A

andwhite1

On the instructions it says reentry into treated pools ia prohibited above levels of 4 ppm chlorine. Just wanr to make sure i am reading this that right?

I am doing metal treatment so low chlorine and ph right now. But how long after adding polyquat 60 can I start bringing up chlorine to my normal fc of 3-5?

How much polyquat is min I need while my fc is low. Maintenance dose? My cc is <0.5 right now. Thanks!

Skip the part about prohibited chlorine levels.

Have you finished the AA treatment? What do the directions say on the polyquat 60 as far as dosage?

I think the answer to your question is you can start to SLOWLY bring the FC up now but I am not sure you have finished the AA yet???

Re: Re entry into pool after polyquat 60 addition?

Did ascorbic acid. Stains gone. Adding sequesterent and poly today. Fc actually 0. Ph 7 to 7.2.

Directions say add 8 oz for 20k gallons for maintenance. I think I will start there and see what happens. Then maybe after a week see if stains come back. If no maybe 4 oz poly 2nd week and bring fc back up slow. Plan to keep fc and ph at lower end bc of metal stains.

Hope it all sounds right. Fingers crossed :)

Low right now. Around 25. I was going to add more a d bring it back up but not sure if thats ok with all the dif chemicals right now. AA, polyquat, sequesterant. I also got a Culator for the skimmer. Lot going on :)

Stop all that "going on". Stop putting things into your pool when you are not sure of the result.

This is an EASY fix but you will make it difficult if you "try" stuff you have heard about or the pool store tells you about. I'm sorry to be blunt but you have to simplify your treatment to get your pool clear.

1. Bring CYA up to 30 ppm. You are vague on the level you currently have - can you test for it?

2. Now introductory 2 ppm of FC and hold your pool at that level for maybe 48 hours. Calculate that dosage using poolmath and DON't overshoot.

3. The Culator has NOTHING to do with getting your FC back up, why are you using it?

4. The AA is used up. You are consuming the polyquat with the chlorine you are adding. All that will be left to finish this process is getting the CYA to target level and continuing to "sneak" up on your Target FC.

5. How does your water look? Are you running the pump 24/7?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.