Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: First time here....and some whacky problems with my pool

1. Back To Top    #1

First time here....and some whacky problems with my pool

Hi,

First time here! Hopefully someone can shed light on my problem. I have an inground pool (5 years old) with the Pentair filtration system (salt system). I'm pretty much a novice when it comes to pool maintenance and with a very hot weekend, I'm trying to resolve a problem on my own:

The pool filtration system is on, water is flowing, water in basket, salt indicator/pump working etc. All valves pointed in the correct location. Both my skimmers and Polaris vacuum are not working at all! Any ideas where to start?

Thanks.

Steve

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: First time here....and some whacky problems with my pool

A picture of your pool and of the whole equipment pad would help. Two pictures.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

3. Back To Top    #3

ok. getting on it now.

4. Back To Top    #4

5. Back To Top    #5

Turn the Skimmer valve on the suction side 90 degrees. see what that does. Is your booster pump running?
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

6. Back To Top    #6

If by booster pump you mean the black circular/tube shaped cylinder that says "cleaner pump" (I assume), it doesn't appear to be on or making any noises whatsoever when the pool filter is on. Checked the fuses/power...nothing seems to be an issue. Strangely, the Polaris won't turn on either.

7. Back To Top    #7

when you say "both skimmers are not working" what do you mean? Did you just open your pool? Who opened it? When was the last time you know they worked?

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

8. Back To Top    #8

Yes it was opened last week by pool company. They came to clean yesterday. After they left, I noticed the filter was on (and working), but the pool is not skimming, or does the Polaris work. And overnight, a lot of dirt has accumulated at the bottom of the pool.

9. Back To Top    #9

They messed with something. Do you have a picture of your equipment from before?

For right now I would do as told above. See what that does.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

10. Back To Top    #10

ok thanks...and no pictures from before.

11. Back To Top    #11

The one labeled "cleaner pump" is your booster pump. It provides power to the Polaris, so if it is not running the Polaris will not run either. It should be wired to a switch either directly on the back of the pump or at the control panel. Does all your electrical for the pool connect to a breaker box nearby?

Edit: I think I see your breaker box behind the filter. Could you post a picture of that as well?
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

12. Back To Top    #12

thanks...ok I will post tomorrow AM. I did go into the box to reset the fuses/switches to see if anything was tripped but nothing was off.

13. Back To Top    #13

pictures of fuse box - also noticed that the booster pump was extremely hot today, but I don't think it's on. I may assume that it's getting electricity, but it's just no longer working?