Need Help: Rusting bottom ring, broken upright, rusting on wall (pictures included)

May 28, 2016
Norris City, IL
Hello everyone - I came across this forum while trying to find the right thing to do on my situation.

I inherited this pool about 4 years ago when I bought this house. In the last 2 seasons the rust along the bottom and increased. I think it is due to leaks in the pool liner. Today I was out trying to get the pool cover off to open for the summer and I noticed one of my uprights is broken. Also, after using a leaf blower to clear debris from around the pool, a lot of the bottom ring has come off as well.

I'm not really sure what to do. It seems like I will have to drain the whole pool and possibly replace a lot of parts. Can you give me some advice please? Thank you very much.

More Pictures

ptMgZR4l.jpg

sgLLrI4l.jpg

Welcome to TFP :)

I would not fill that pool, it will most likely fail and 20,000 gallons of water coming out all at once is never a good thing...

That ring around the bottom and the uprights hold the pool together and yours have failed...

1. find the manual and order all new bottom rings, the uprights and wall "may" be able to be sanded and repaired but that may be a bridge too far... the only way to know for sure would be to take the liner out and see how bad the damage is to everything.

if you have to buy all the bottom rings, wall, liner, and uprights it will almost be cheaper and better to get a new pool

I hope this helps :)

I've had a couple ideas given by family members. I'm not too thrilled with either one. But wondered what you think?

One was to cut off the bottom 3-4 inches all the way around and make the pool shorter. I think this is an issue with the supports being too tall and the liner being too big?

Another was to use a long strip of sheet metal to reinforce the wall in those areas and buy new bottom ring to set this down in.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.