Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hello

I own an endless pool and have been taking good care of the water with all the help on this site and my TFT-100. My pool is indoors but we have sky lights in the ceiling. When direct sunlight shines on the water I see a film the surface. Initially I assumed the worse and thought I may have a leak in the hydraulic hoses that pump hydraulic fluid to the motor to generate the swim current. To test this theory, I placed a white highly absorbent piddle pad on the surface of the water to see if I could detect any color, the hydraulic fluid is orange in color. The pad was completely clean. Could this film be some sort of body oils, and if so, is there a product on the market I can to resolve the problem?

Thanks

Joe

PS. I had no clue as to which thread to post this. Sorry if I screwed this up.

No problem posting here :)

sometimes taking your pool to SLAM level will rid it of body oils.. you could also try the scum bugs or towels of amazon, they kind of work, they float around and pick up the oil in the water..

Amazon.com: spa scum bug

The only other thing I can think of is changing your filter to DE, it will filter a little better than your cart filter but depending on your setup and where the pump and filter are this may be impossible..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.