Wardsntx Pool build

Jun 18, 2007
Spring, Texas
It is now done...contract signed last night and bulid to start hopefully week after next.

After all the excitement of the design process and the idea of having a pool installed, I find myself a nervous wreck in regards to the cost. I guess once the hole is full of water and the kids are laughing and playing...I will know that it was all worth it.

I will continue this post with pictures as the process begins. I suppose I will use it as my journal of ups and downs...if no one else reads it, at least I have a place to express the good and bad of the build. I will post a pic of the final design once I get it from builder.

Wish us luck!

Congrats!!

Guess what... tomorrow will be filled with regrets.

Don't sweat it. It'll get worse.

Much eventually, I hear it will get better...

again... so I hear.

Relax and enjoy... (if possible.)

While you wait... tell us about what you're building.

stevenbrla said:
Congrats!!

Guess what... tomorrow will be filled with regrets.

Don't sweat it. It'll get worse.

Much eventually, I hear it will get better...

again... so I hear.

Relax and enjoy... (if possible.)

While you wait... tell us about what you're building.

DITTO! and welcome to frustration followed by (what I am told will be) complete JOY! and YES, it truly helps to keep your sanity to post any gripes, frustrations, and problems here. There is someone here that has been through "THAT"!

Let me try that again....

<a>
68.jpg
</a>

<a>
67.jpg
</a>

What are your decking, coping, interior finish choices? We had decided on midnight blue pebbletec, then Adam talked us into having the beach entry white pearl pebbletec. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Man, i would have loved to have done one of those gunite slides, but due to our easement restrictions we couldn't without greatly reducing our pool size.

Good luck! (In other words, hope the rain lets up!)

Hey KTdave...I assume it's ok to call you Dave!

We are still on the fence on the interior finish...may use primera stone oe Pebble Sheen...one of the toe, but we are back and forth day to day and Adam said we dson't have to lock in our decision yet. THe decking is just going to be the Pebble Deck...it works for us and will work well with all the stone, plus it's good on traction and with 3 of my own kids and 27 other kids on my street, we needed something not too slippery...I wanted stamped concrete, but the cost for that would have eliminated the gunite slide!!!!! My kids keep asking...when is the tractor coming to dig....they want this thing done now!

I know this rain has you going crazy...I am sure you are ready to get things finished and start swimming...hopefully things will clear up towards the end of the week for you.

Very nice looking design, Ward.

Not too different than the one we're trying to build. Ours won't have the nifty waterfall and slide though.

Similar size though, and spa with wide spillover.

Enjoy your project. Might as well.

When its done, all you can do is swim and maintain it.

Finally new design pictures....excavation to begin next week

OK, final design pictures...hopefully close loan this week and have HOA approval by first of next week. I am told that excavation can begin immediately after HOA says its a go...let's hope the rain moves out of Houston and allows us to get started.

<a>
100.jpg
</a>

<a>
101.jpg
</a>

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
wardsntx said:
I know this rain has you going crazy...I am sure you are ready to get things finished and start swimming...hopefully things will clear up towards the end of the week for you.

YES! I'm pulling out the last three of my Charlie Brown hairs that I have left. This rain needs to quit soon! Thanks for the sentiments! Your final schematic looks very cool, I wish I had room for one of those slides.

Good luck to you,
Dave

Jay,
You'll be so glad that you are having them do the landscaping. I'm starting to lose a little sleep over the lawn rehab job I have before me. Just something I didn't think about before we started. Actually, in my naivety, I didn't think the yard would be torn up like it is.

Your plans look great - didn't it make it easier since you can really "see" what it will all look like!

I think having landscaping included DEFINITELY makes the price a LOT more bearable - we finished our pool last summer and this year are still working on landscaping - back yard is nearly done -but we had NO idea how much damage would be done to the front yard - enough that since we have to replace the front walk and all sprinklers we might as well completely redo the yard...which is a $$ number we didn't fully plan for!

Absolutely,

The one requirement my wife had for all the builders we interviewed was that it was full turn key...meaning, when they were done, the sprinkler system was repaired, the sod was replaced and we had some of the larger landscaping completed...i.e. the Larger Palms and some shrubs...We chose a cross fence to help divide our yard fro the play area (we have about 27 kids on our street alone). We are very luck to live on the end of a cul-de-sac, so our lot is really wide...we could have put the pool right in the middle of the yard, but we really wanted to keep an area for our 3 boys and their friends to play. So with that, we feel everything that we are getting for the money is really resonable compared to the other quotes we received for just the pool. It's just such a scary number on paper! Here is the list of what we are getting for the money.... I think we are getting a lot for our dollar...

36 x 19 free form 3.5 - 6' depth
16' x 6' x 6' Custom waterfall and gunite slide with grotto and 6' bench
Another 9' bench in deeper end
Pebble Sheen finish
11' x 6' baja/sun deck w/ wrap around bench to spa
custom 6.5' x 7' raised spa - flagstone and ledgestone and 6 waterway dual jets
fire pit - ledgestone
Accent boulders
Flagstone coping
850 sq ft pea gravel decking
Tree removal
4 - 6' -8' Queen Palms
1 - Fan Palm
3 - Sago Palms
2 - 6' accent trees
10 - 15 gallon shrubs
20 - 5 gallon shrubs
Sprinkler system redesign and repair
Sod replacement front and back (and neighbors yard)
Water and electric to outdoor kitchen area
44' wrought iron fence with lockable spring loaded gate
All pentair product - Intelliflow 4 x 160, Intellichlor SWG, Intellitouch 7i control system, whisperflow booster, pentair Legend cleaner, 400 BTU heater

Our PB has been great with my design changes...very patient. I think I could redesign this pool 100 times and still find something new to change!!!!!!

Anyway, tree removal was supposed to happen today...tree guy held up on another project....so looks like no excavation tomorrow :cry: . We leave on Saturday to go do some R & R on Petit Jean Mtn in Arkansas (who vacations in Arkansas????) , so I was hoping to see the hole dug before we left, but doesn't look promising. Anyway, as things progress, I will post pictures. The outline of the pool is hard to see in the pics I took, but I will post as trees get cut and the dirt gets dug!!!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.