Large Crowd Coming

AdamS

Bronze Supporter
May 5, 2015
New Milford, New Jersey
Hey Everyone,

Quick question, we are having birthday party for 1 year old son and having large crowd in the pool. What do you do in that situation regarding fc? Do you go way above target? It is also supposed to be super hot and sunny!
Thanks for your help,

Adam

Adam,

bring your FC up 3 from what you are and test afterwards and if needed bring to SLAM level and let drift down

Yup, at least 3 ppm above target (not minimum) and you Amy want to drop,the pH just a hair if it's on the high side now. A bunch of folks splashing around in the pool are going to,drive up the pH.

Both. A jug of 8.25% bleach adds 4 ppm FC to my pool. I always add a jug before and after. And if there are lots of kids make them take a potty break and test during the day and another jug sometimes. My pool is at 15.5 ppm right now with 80 CYA, just about perfect for lots of sun and swim!

Remember chlorine is your friend. Chlorine level below minimum at any time during the day leaves your pool unsanitary with increased risk of person to person disease transmission. It is safe to swim up to shock level for your CYA, Chlorine CYA Chart

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.