Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Large Crowd Coming

1. Back To Top    #1

Large Crowd Coming

Hey Everyone,

Quick question, we are having birthday party for 1 year old son and having large crowd in the pool. What do you do in that situation regarding fc? Do you go way above target? It is also supposed to be super hot and sunny!
    Thanks for your help,

Adam
    17x34 and ranges in depth from 3 ft to 6 ft.; I think 20-22 thousand Gallons
    IG -Vinyl with Waterfall
    Hayward Super Pump 1.5 HP
    Pentair DE 60 Filter
    Hayward H300 Heater; Taylor K-2006 Complete

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Large Crowd Coming

I usually take mine up a few points prior, then test after.
    In ground extended Grecian, 22,000 gal, Hayward 220t sand filter, vinyl liner, dolphin m4 supreme.
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!
    Helpful Links:
    GET A TEST KIT Chlorine/CYA Chart How to SLAM About Metals & Stains

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Adam,

bring your FC up 3 from what you are and test afterwards and if needed bring to SLAM level and let drift down
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

4. Back To Top    #4

Yup, at least 3 ppm above target (not minimum) and you Amy want to drop,the pH just a hair if it's on the high side now. A bunch of folks splashing around in the pool are going to,drive up the pH.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks everyone, enjoy the Memorial Weekend!!
    17x34 and ranges in depth from 3 ft to 6 ft.; I think 20-22 thousand Gallons
    IG -Vinyl with Waterfall
    Hayward Super Pump 1.5 HP
    Pentair DE 60 Filter
    Hayward H300 Heater; Taylor K-2006 Complete

6. Back To Top    #6

Are you bumping up before the party? Or after the filthy animals get out. I'm having a crowd over too and am wondering also
    19k 15x36' inground oval vinyl lined pool with deep end. 3 returns , 1 skimmer, 1 main drain. TF-100 test kit

7. Back To Top    #7

Both. A jug of 8.25% bleach adds 4 ppm FC to my pool. I always add a jug before and after. And if there are lots of kids make them take a potty break and test during the day and another jug sometimes. My pool is at 15.5 ppm right now with 80 CYA, just about perfect for lots of sun and swim!

Remember chlorine is your friend. Chlorine level below minimum at any time during the day leaves your pool unsanitary with increased risk of person to person disease transmission. It is safe to swim up to shock level for your CYA, Chlorine CYA Chart
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach