Wet Edge pebble is streaky with brown blotches

Oct 22, 2015
Hollis, NH
Hello!

This is my first post & pool and I'll make it brief, since I've googled the subject repeatedly and contacted my pool installer xx times since July 2015. I followed the instructions to the letter. We brushed so much the brush handle needed duct tape. The pH was perfect. I chose Wet Edge Satin Northshore Caribbean. Environmental Pools have put me off until this spring and still haven't been out to make a determination, though pool opened Apr 22nd.

It's streaky, has sharp edges for kid's toes, brown spots on the bottom (not there last summer), not like sample or website. I should have known when the pebble installers (subcontractors?) tore over my lawn, not the route the other trucks were using, ran over my wheel barrow and nearly ran my well out of water. Sloppy. Enviro Pools kept saying it will resolve itself, but you have to brush it...nothing has changed about the discoloration. I've used their opening & maintenance service 2x month to make sure everything is done right.

There are very few pebble installers near me (1 hr north of Boston). Do I get a quote to fix this, threaten to sue, contact the corporate office of Wet Edge, accept that I got a $2,500 job instead of a $5,800 pebble job?? There are other issues, but I'm starting here first. There are many pics, this is an example.

Thank you in advance.

pebble finish resized 2.jpg

I would definitely contact Wet Edge first.

Read this to see if it helps, Diagnosing Pool Plaster Problems

Maintaining your CSI negative will help prevent most plaster issues, -0.1 to -0.3. Poolmath will calculate your CSI score for you. If there is plaster left on the pebble or scale build up you can sand those spots with wet/dry sandpaper to smooth them. And keep your water more aggressive, CSI -0.5 to -0.6, to slowly help dissolve it with brushing.

More here on scaling, Pool School - Calcium Scaling
More here on CSI, Langelier and Calcite Saturation Indices (LSI and CSI)

Thank you! I'll read through the rest of that thread on Diagnosing Plaster Problems. Since the pool got filled with city water and has been monitored from day one for the pH, I'm not sure about the scaling. The steaks are blue, the same blue that should have been throughout the pebbles. Those blue sections have been there since the pebble guys left, so it didn't develop after water. The pool co. just kept telling me I had to brush daily and check pH. It was a huge investment so of course I did this.

I'll take your advice and contact Wet Edge bc I believe the pool has been well cared for.

Great website. Thanks again!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.