Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: liquid cholrine vs granular

1. Back To Top    #1

liquid cholrine vs granular

Hi Everyone, I have been struggling with the cya / chlorine chart, there wasn't any cya yesterday when I tested. I added some granular stabilizer also trichlor granular shock, my readings this morning cya 30, fc 2 and cc 5. I have a swg which I turned down to 30% should I shut this off while I am in the shocking process also should I be using liquid shock?

Thank You, Bobby G
    15000 GALLON POOL/ VINYL LINER
    SWG/ T-3 HAYWARD TURRBO CELL
    PENTAIR CC200 CARTRIDGE FILTER SYSTEM
    HAYWARD SUPER PUMP 3/4 HP
    RAYPAK HEATER

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: liquid cholrine vs granular

If you are following our SLAM process than yes, turn off the SWG and use liquid only. Stop adding CYA until the SLAM is complete.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3

Yes, it will save wear and tear on your swg if you turn it off during the SLAM process, and use liquid chlorine until the process is complete. The trichlor you added also contains CYA, so you need to be careful not to use too much. How much CYA did you add and how much stabilizer did you add? Did you broadcast the CYA into the pool or are you letting it dissolve in a sock?
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

I added 4" round sock into sock and let it dissolve into skimmer IMG_2025.jpg.

Thank You
    15000 GALLON POOL/ VINYL LINER
    SWG/ T-3 HAYWARD TURRBO CELL
    PENTAIR CC200 CARTRIDGE FILTER SYSTEM
    HAYWARD SUPER PUMP 3/4 HP
    RAYPAK HEATER