Cloudy light blue water that won't clear - accidently used step 1 of hth g2b

Jul 17, 2011
Hi - I have an intex ultra frame 22 or 24 feet around, 52 deep. I left the water in over the winter and started by adding a bunch of shock over the past 4 days. I accidently added step 1 of the hth green to blue system. The pool is a very light shade of blue, but cloudy. I really don't want to add the step 2 from green to blue, but I'm not sure if I have to now. Is it why the pool has stayed cloudy? I've been running the filter for about 20 hours - should I just keep on filtering till it clears? Thanks for the help!

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: When you added that product, did you vacuum to waste? You may want to read THIS THREAD. In addition, you'll probably need to do a TFP "SLAM" are outlined in the link below in my sig. Read that page carefully. Good luck.

I didn't use the floc that comes with it, I accidently used the shock portion. I'd rather not use the floc since its a PIA to vacumn out. I have a well but I hate to see the water wasted. Since I did use step 1, do I have to use step 2 (the floc)?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.