Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Has Anyone Successfully Removed

1. Back To Top    #1

Has Anyone Successfully Removed

The white scale that develops on fiberglass pools? I saw an acid bath post from 2010. Has anyone ever tried it? I've searched old threads, but haven't seen any recent posts of discoveries to remedy this problem. Have manufacturers changes their production to avoid this in future molds? Anyone know anything new?

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Fletcher, OK

Re: Has Anyone Successfully Removed

Most of the time it is scaling from an unbalanced pool, could you post up your numbers from your test kit

How does your CSI look in poolmath?
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: Has Anyone Successfully Removed

Scale develops in all types of pool, vinyl, plaster and fiberglass. Scale develops from high PH, TA and/or CH. Keeping your CSi between -0.3 and +0.3 will prevent scale. You can lower your CSI to -0.5 to -0.6 and brush the pool a lot. It will dissolve slowly over time, about as long as it took to develop. There is a no drain acid wash process that can be done. But, I am not that familiar with the process or how it might impact a fiberglass pool.

More here, Pool School - Calcium Scaling
    And here, Langelier and Calcite Saturation Indices (LSI and CSI)
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach