Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Add Air to Spa Return

1. Back To Top    #1

Add Air to Spa Return

Hi there,

I currently have an air bar in my inground jaccuzi. Works great, no issues... except the bubbles are really loud while you are in the jaccuzi and during the winter time the bubbles are REALLY COLD....

How difficult is it to add bubbles to the return jets in the jaccuzi? Is it as simple as plumbing the blower directly into the return after the filter?

I'm thinking of adding a valve at the blower to either divert air to the air bar or to add air to the return air water.

Now if I do plumb it into the return air jets.. will that add nice small bubbles that most jaccuzi's have or will I have plop plop plop like when the filter is started up after being cleaned?

13,750 gal Fiberglass
    Sta-Rite System 3 Sand Filter
    FC - 8
    pH - 7.7
    TA - 80
    CH - 140
    CYA - 60

2. Back To Top    #2
    Pleasanton, CA

Re: Add Air to Spa Return

You can't add air without using venturi tees and if they were not installed originally, it would be very difficult to do now.
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump and Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, 1/2 HP 2sp pump, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater, ThePoolCleaner